Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Entrepreneur and Activist Lydia Lane Jackson

More from Lydia Lane Jackson
How to use Tree Hangers (Review on Amazon.com) 
"Ez Disaster Prep" "Create a Grande room using decor wallplates."

Hello! This week Chronicles is graced with the very talented and gifted Entrepreneur and Activist Lydia Lane Jackson. Chronicles: Hello Lydia. I want to thank you for stopping by and sharing your story with FB Diva Friday Chronicles. Please tell the readers about your background and professional ventures? 

Lydia:  Thank God and thank you for this wonderful opportunity of being featured in FB Diva Friday Chronicles. I was born on October 8, 1972 and raised in a small town called Deridder, Louisiana. I lived in Georgia for 12 years and moved to Orlando in 2004. I'm a single mother of a 21 year old son. 


I have previously worked at the American Red Cross and have training and certifications in Life Saving Skills and Disaster Relief.  I try to bring an awareness that every family needs to be prepared and have a plan in the event disaster strikes. 

 I've written many published "how to" articles with online magazines that cover the areas in business and how to make money online, and protect yourself and your intellectual property. 

Chronicles:  You're quite accomplished as an IT professional. Please share the different ventures that you've established and promote?

 Lydia: I started a company called "G's Platform" and
developed a program under it called "Breaking The Limits" where I teach others how to protect themselves in business and how to develop the fundamental principles needed in order to grow their business on a solid foundation while on a budget.  I also provide Trademark, graphic and some website services under it. G's Platform allows me to provide support and be involved with community leaders and organizations. 

As a creative designer who has been in the digital world for many years, I created and trademarked a brand called "i-Jolli" (Individual Journeys of Living Life inspired).  Although i-Jolli is not about art, I use my gifts through decor products and art to spark the reminder and inspire others to make a daily effort to live life inspired to bring about world change starting with self. A video can be found at iJolli World Bill of Acts.  


Chronicles:  So is your G Platform an interactive community with a forum for members to engage with one another? Also, given your vast array of talents, do you engineer the site yourself using Html code? 

Lydia: I have a G's FB group but many just know what I do and contact me, others through referrals, also through an organization I support called "Moms Building Wealth"; there is a lot of community and online interaction there. I advise and share business info, tips ect. online and at local meetings.  The GSP site and my blog are both WordPress sites, I did quite a bit of the HTML editing in several files, but I try to work smarter than harder whenever possible. 

Chronicles: What kind of income opportunities are available through "Breaking the Limits"?

Lydia: "Breaking the Limits" was formed because my eyes were opened to many gifted individuals in their craft who were stuck, stagnated, and wasn't equipped to protect and represent themselves on a professional level. I too was there years ago, and had to depend on others to do everything for me while feeling helpless when I didn't have the extra funds to keep things going, having on the gift of producing art. But God took me on a journey and gave me a desire to learn many skills needed, and now, I instruct others on how to continue and improvise when on a budget. 


Others can learn how to make money online doing what they love to do and many other ways. (I don't provide the service of building websites any longer for others; my job is to teach those who want to learn on pre-existing platforms like wordpress, magenta ect).

Chronicles: I saw you operating a saw on a video. Do you hand craft the products that are listed for sale?


Lydia: YES!! I hand craft products and LOVE working with wood. My art is sold on other international sites, but my store is http://ijolli.com. You can also get there from the blog, and the blog is the store's blog! I still have products to add to the store also. 


Chronicles: You certainly have a lot going on Lydia, is there something more that you'd like to share? 

Lydia:  I also use my talents to personally blog to keep the iJolli message going. It's a lifestyle like magazine that covers Home Fashions, Family, Faith/Inspiration, and preparation (for the home). Lydia Lane Jackson! 

Chronicles: How can readers help you in your ventures? 

Lydia: Connect with me through my blog and help build an i-Jolli world by getting the message out to live life inspired!

Chronicles: There is a very critical aspect to your personal advocacy. Do you want to share? 

Lydia:  Yes! If you would like to add that as a survivor from
Domestic Abuse, I feel we owe it to victims to be transparent in order to let them know we understand their story, struggles and pain and to give them light and hope that they too can escape and survive from the punishment of their abusers. 


Chronicles: In what ways have are you currently advocating against domestic violence and what can victims do to get help. 

 Lydia: I'm connected to a couple local grassroots DV organizations that also have a large online presence. Sometimes I help with ideas, planning events, and attend meetings, but I plan to get more involved. Other than that, I use my voice on my social pages and have gotten many responses, private messages from women that the banner has helped, and a couple opened up for the first time about abuse. Other organizations and individuals and have shared the banner. I have my brief story and how one can find help on the blog Lydialanejackson.

Chronicles: Thanks so much Lydia; this has been a most beneficial time of sharing and quite informative. As a close to the article guest are asked to share what the two phrases of the acronym Diva (Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending) means to them. 

Lydia: Divinely Inspired is a burning desire to do that which no one can take away from you because it was Divinely given to you by God.

Victoriously Ascending to me is finally coming to the awareness to maturely let go and take the back seat and follow the path God has predestined for you. 


Chronicles: Outstanding Lydia, and a very wise position to take. 

I'd like to thank this week's AWESOME guest Lydia Lane Jackson for visiting with Chronicles. Her visit has certainly been a rich one indeed. 

Thanks also to the readers who continue to support Chronicles and please join us next week when, once again, there will be a dynamic Diva guest.  Until next week: 

Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending...Diva!





 

                      


                                                                 Paul S. Jones FB Diva Chronicles (c) All Rights Reserved 2014-15

No comments:

Post a Comment