Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Entrepreneur Anetra Henry-Hunting!

Hello everyone! After a week's break it's GREAT to be back for another "Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending...Diva!!". This week I'm excited to present Entrepreneur Anetra Henry-Hunting. 

Hello Anetra and welcome, once again, to FB Diva Friday Chronicles. The readers don't know, but you assisted Diva10 Stephanie C. Harper and myself with proof reading for her article back on February 13, 2015. That session helped establish a different level of expectation and performance for Diva Chronicles and I'm certainly thankful. Now, please share some bio info with the reading audience.  

Anetra: My story begins in Columbus, GA. I'm the daughter of a decorated Army Veteran and an entrepreneur.

I hold my BBA in Marketing from Savannah State University (where I also became a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.) and spent my corporate career in management and marketing operations in the beauty, health and wellness field. I am married and have no children yet, unless you count our fur-baby, JT. (Jack Tripper)

Chronicles: You have a business entity called "The Hunting Group". Please share what are its functions, goals and benefits? 

Anetra: The Hunting Group was founded in 2010 after the economic crash left me unemployed.  The last company I worked for filed for bankruptcy and closed its doors only six months after recruiting me to be the Regional Director of Sales and Operations for the West Coast. After spending countless hours applying and interviewing for jobs, I grew extremely sick of being told "no" in the form of being over or under qualified. My husband, Nick, encouraged me to start my own business after we were looking through my high school memory book. One of the questions I'd answered was, "Where did I see myself in 10 years? (or something along those lines)" and my answer was "married and owning my own business". 

When we first launched THG, I pulled on my management operations expertise and began consulting with doctors' offices. This opportunity led to another stint in corporate with a dental management company. Then, after almost a year of service, I fell (literally)--breaking my ankle and severely dislocating my knee--requiring a total of 4 surgeries to date. These injuries allowed me to re-dedicate myself to THG full time and pull on some of my other skills and expertise to address the needs of the market. The Hunting Group helps businesses sell, sponsor, and scale. We help sponsorship seekers by educating and coaching them through the sales process. We help entrepreneurs scale their business through sponsorship and government contracts 

Chronicles:  So in what way does this help the client?

Anetra:  I'll explain more about the "how" of what we do for each type of client. For those who have a product or service based business who want to grow through providing it to the military, we have military connections and have helped clients open sales channels on military bases. (i.e. restaurants). Another way to scale growth is through becoming a sponsor of events. Whenever
a business is viewed as being successful, it is inevitable: someone will ask for support through sponsorship or donations. I built the sponsorship infrastructure for one of my former employers in 2002 and maintained the responsibility of decision-maker for every employer that followed. This service helps entrepreneurs get the ROI out of sponsorship and if they wish, they may "outsource the no to us" and let us determine who their business should sponsor and who they shouldn't. And  for sponsorship seekers, who tend to be coaches, consultants, speakers and event planners who are looking to finance a portion of their events through sponsorship, we offer education and coaching to help them sell their their events and gain the support they need. 

Chronicles:  And what other activities are you involved?  

Anetra: I am a member of the inaugural SOAR Mastermind, I am an adviser to The F Show (lolitataub.com), a member of the Board of Directors for Unplugged Enterprises (unpluggedwithdrtanya.com), and I am a supporter of the United Way Woman's Leadership Council in San Diego. I also have a 15 year old family member who is involved in all things basketball--he played Varsity as
a freshman, plays summer league, and attends camps. My husband and I catch every game we can so we can support him and give his parents a break from his busy schedule. Who knows? You may soon see one (or both) of us coaching on a sideline. It really does takes a village!

Chronicles:  That's so true and quite a positive Anetra; Now the acronym Diva! stands for "Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending....Diva" and each week guest are asked to state in their own words what those two phrases mean to them. Would you please share what your thoughts are? 

 Anetra: Divinely Inspired...I believe in God and I know that He provides for each of  us through the gifts ad talents He blesses us with. When we get off track, I  believe God provides "Divine
Inspiration" in order for us to receive His best for us. 

Victoriously Ascending...Once we are Divinely Inspired by God, we will begin to receive his best for us. This part is the "Victorious Ascension". We can come out of failure, hopelessness, injury, addiction-anything we "fell" (just like when I fell and injured myself) into when we weren't walking in our "Divine Inspiration".  

Chronicles: I agree, and it's certainly best to walk in all that God has planned to do in, through and for us Anetra. 

I'd like to thank our very special guest Entrepreneur Anetra Henry-Hunting for visiting with FB Diva Friday Chronicles. Be sure to connect with her and support her various activities.  Next week we'll have another excellent guest who will share her awesome Diva story, but until then: 

Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending...Diva! 






 






                                                                                Paul S. Jones FB Diva Chronicles (c) All Rights Reserved 2014-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment