Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Keyboardist and Vocalist Jack Pearl (Brittani Washington)


More From Jack Pearl!
If you live in the Houston area and know of any musicians/singers that are less fortunate and perform on the street for money, please let me know. 

 
What a special treat it is to welcome this week's Chronicles guest, musician and vocalist Jack Pearl, whom most of you know as Brittani Washington. 

Chronicles: Hello Jack Pearl! It is really awesome that you would set aside some time in your busy schedule to visit with FB Diva Friday Chronicles. Many readers are familiar with your professional work, however, please share some background information about yourself and why the name change. 

Jack Pearl: I grew up playing at my mom an dad's church (Christ Temple New Life Church, Port Author Tx) every week, that was basically all the piano training that I got. I've never had lessons for music! It was something that I did to help out at my parent's church. 


Jack Pearl is basically the mood that I've been in lately. It is a
mixture of masculinity, femininity, creativity, and freedom. Jack is a name that everyone is familiar with and a Pearl is hard to find! I feel very balanced at this point of my life. I'm living the best of both worlds. 

Chronicles: Interesting, so you stated that you started out playing in your parent's church. I saw a video of you trial testing a Rhodes Mark 7 Midi. There was a lot of left hand action in your playing. Is this a practice that you developed while playing in church? 

Jack Pearl:  Yes, our church didn't have a bass player and I

wanted to have a more fuller sound! I taught myself how to sound like a bass player on keys, and then eventually taught myself how to play bass. 

Chronicles: I must say that I know of you from your time laying down the tasteful keyboard parts for Beyonce's Experience and the Suga Mommas. What was it like being on the road with such a talented group of female musicians? 

Jack Pearl: I absolutely loved being around such empowering women! I learned so much from all the girls. Beyonce taught me how to be a star! She is a very hard working woman and she is determined to get the job done no matter what it takes!

Chronicles:  You say Beyonce taught you how to be a star, care to elaborate in what ways did she influence your professional development? 

Jack Pearl:  Beyonce taught me how to get the job completed! Her work ethic had no room for error. She was really serious about everything that had to do with the show. Every time I perform I always give it 100%, it doesn't matter if I'm in front of a little crowd or a big crowd. 

Chronicles: I believe that you're involved with your own music school, how is that going, or in what ways have you been able to share your musical excellence with young aspiring musicians?


 Jack Pearl: I opened the Brittani's Performing Arts Center (BPAC) so that I could inspire people of any age to follow their passion and basically let them know that it's never too late to learn a new craft. It is free to the public for rehearsing and just a great music environment.


Chronicles:
With the group Jack Pearl, you're stepping out as a front (Diva) and doing lead vocals. Is this something that you've always done or a new venture? 


Jack Pearl: I've always considered myself to be a singer first! Piano, drums and bass definitely comes after being a
vocalist.  I've always sang in my parent's church! I've been singing alot more this year, and I believe I've found my artistry. I've transformed myself into a very confident woman who's comfortable in her skin and proud of her craft!

Chronicles: In saying that you've transformed yourself into a very "confident woman who is comfortable in her skin and proud of her craft" is this a necessary transformation when managing all the aspects of stardom? Paparazzi, fans, critics ect?

"Black Girls Rock"
Jack Pearl: This is so necessary being that the media was created to pick your life apart. It's always good to know who you are and keep good people around you. It's really hard trying to look a certain way in the public eye. I always try to stay balanced and set a great example for the young girls that are in line to take my position. 

 Chronicles: Do you have any plans to go into the studio, and if so, how can we support your materials? 

Jack Pearl: I am currently working on new material and I am so excited about! I have 2 albums on itunes entitled "Space for Music" and "Pink Polish"

Instagram: 

Facebook:

Twitter: 

Chronicles:  Thank you so much. As we close, each week guests are asks to share what the acronym "Diva", (Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending) means to them. Would please share as well: 

Jack Pearl: Divinely Inspired: I am inspired by the things around me. The understanding of humanism and I know that the possibilitie in life are endless. I can do all things through Christ Jesus! I am inspired by my divine purpose. 

Victoriously Ascending is allowing God to take charge of my life so that my life story plays out beautifully. A lot of times we interere with the plan God has for us, making the journey rough. I've decided to it back and enjoy the ride victoriously!

Chronicles: Those are inspiring words for sure Jack Pearl. 

I'd like to thank this wonderful artist, Brittani Washington, aka Jack Pearl, for visiting with Chronicles this week. She is truly an amazingly gifted and talented performing artist.  

Please be sure to join us next week when we'll once again have a very special guest to share their remarkable story with you the reading audience.  So until next time, remember: 

Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending....Diva! 

 

 





                                                                          Paul S. Jones FB Diva Chronicles (c) All Rights Reserved 2014-15
















No comments:

Post a Comment