Thursday, February 4, 2016

Entrepreneur La-Renda Jones

Chronicles: Hello, Happy 2016 and Welcome to a Special Edition of Facebook Diva Friday Chronicles. As you may remember, I've stepped away temporarily as I focus on completing my MSW studies(will be finishing in August). However, I was recently approached by today's guest who expressed an interest in participating and telling her story. Of course, I was quite interested as the most challenging aspect to this process has been to secure a steady flow of willing participants. So a very special thanks to this weeks guest, La-Renda Jones for sharing her story. 

La-Renda: I am a native New Yorker born and raised in New York City. I began my out of state moving journey within my late 30's attending Theological Programs within New York and outside. I resided in Washington DC completing my MSW from Howard University. Well you could say family wise, it's always been estranged but as I came to Christ. I kept them within my prayers and still do. My journey started with education from the beginning
because I always wanted to "be smart" When I gave my life to Christ in my 20's it all began to go from there. It would take me days to tell you the entire journey. By God's grace, I earned the following degrees. Associate in Social work, BSW. Th.B in Religious Education, Masters in Theology with a Concentration in Christian Psychology from various programs in New York. and,on my bed of affliction from
Cancer, I completed a Ph.D in Clinical Christian Counseling from Cornerstone University in Lake Charles Louisiana  I took a different avenue from the Social Work Track and became a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor through the National Christian Counselors Association and a Board Certified Professional Counselor through the American Psychotherapy Association all being grandfathered into each organization. I spent years working towards higher education and definitely after my own experience in Christian Counseling; that was the road for me.By the way I am debt free. I am also a minister with the Church of God Assemblies.

Chronicles: That's a very impressive resume and professional portfolio La-Renda. Please tell us about Beneath the Grief Ministries.

La-Ronda:  Beneath the Grief Ministries started in 2001 after a family member loss their spouse and I became the grief counselor, the funeral director, the family member etc. A dear friend of mine brought to my attention for me to explore grief work because she experienced my passion.  Not knowing what she was saying God used her to call into existence Beneath the Grief. God gave ministries after a few month and getting the name registered. After the experience with the family member after that, I eulogized 3 family members after that conducted workshops and had speaking engagements to talk about Beneath the Grief. I went back and forth with part time work in Beneath the Grief and clients brought to it had a purpose for being a part of it. My passion only grew. Beneath the Grief's motto is "Where the Healing Begins" When I start my work I start right where the issue is the "root"and that's what I call the "grief". I also say often Let's face it everyone grieves and we do. 

Chronicles:  This is a very much needed service that you are providing.  How can people access or support your ministry?

La-Ronda: Beneath the Grief has only become more known as people hear about it. I became active on all the social media sites as time went by ie facebook, twitter, ,linkedIn, aboutme, Find-ATherapist.com, Shoponmain,  Periscope website, beneaththegriefministries.strikingly.com, I recently started conducting biweekly talks on blog talk called  Grief Talk. I hold a monthly conference call support group called Grief Talk as well. I also conduct a monthly conference
Intercessory Prayer weekend where speakers are invited to bring the word. Beneath the Grief Ministries is an In-home counseling entity in  North Carolina but the new unique style brought to Beneath the Grief is through Video chat.  I use the various apps oovoo,viber and Skype as well. I blog on grief7care.wordpress.com  People appear to prefer to talk to me via phone rather then video chats where they can see me but those I service love the options. The population that benefits from Beneath the Grief is all populations.Everyone grieves from something.

Chronicles: And what other projects to you have on the table? 

La-Ronda: I am planning on writing an e-book and started it but my resources I provide through my pages on facebook, and through emails to those that want information about specific topics. Clients usually come into BTG at that grieving moment and I provide a crisis type counseling at that time as well as get my assessment information. My experience with the clients is they seem to like my entering right into the area of concern. I am starting where they are.

Chronicles:  This has been a very informative session Ronda. I'm sure the readers have gained insight into a resource need that we've all encountered at one time or another. As you may know, all guest to Chronicles are asked to share what our slogan "Divinely Inspired; Victoriously Ascending" means to them in their own words, and of course, I'll ask the same of you. 

La-Ronda: Divinely inspired to me is what I have been given by God to fulfill my destiny in this life. The word "grief" people run away from but I always rely on
John 10:10 :The thief cometh not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy, but I am come that they might have life and that life more abundantly" 

Victoriously Ascending, I am still working to ascend as high as God will allow Beneath the Grief Ministries to go. It's his work not mine. He paid for every piece of paper and even though Beneath the Grief is a counseling entity, God provides in who he leads to it. Who ever comes to it they have to wand to get the victory to ascend higher in moving forth in their lives.

Chronicles: I'd like to thank La-Renda Jones for visiting with Chronicles this month and for sharing this outstanding therapeutic intervention with the Chronicles readers. Be sure to visit her Facebook page and check out the other social media platforms on which she's made "Beneath the Grief" available. 

Remember, if you have a special ministry, business or story that you'd like to share, let FB Diva Friday Chronicles help promote your story.  I would love to hear from you.  Until next time:

Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending...DIVA!!





No comments:

Post a Comment