Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Poet Isna Tianti

Special Notice: Isna will be performing at the Freestyle Productions "A Touch of Jazz" on Thursday, August 6, 2015 at the Riverdale Town Center Pavilion. Doors open at 6:00; event begins at 7:00 and will feature Jazz Songstress 'Felicia & Friends' and Leslie D. Poet will be the Host. And don't forget that Isna's book and earrings will be available for purchase at booth 954 at the Steve Harvey Expo on Friday August 7-9th from 9-5. And Isna will be there personally on Friday and partially on Saturday afternoon as a vendor.
 ******************************************************
Hello, It's great to be back for the first monthly edition of FB Diva Friday Chronicles! This month's guest is the super talented Poet Isna Tianti!

Chronicles: Hello Isna! Let me say how thankful and grateful that I am for your willing participation with FB Diva Friday Chronicles. Please share with the readers an overview of your background and professional development. 

Isna: My birth name is Isna Anderson. I was born in Cleveland Ohio, but was reared in Southern, California. As a child we had a very challenging time as a family, but I had a strong, loving, and devoted mother. After High School I went
to college at El Camino Junior College and studied fashion design and later changed my major to early childhood development. I pursued a career in modeling from the age of 15 to 22. I was crowned Miss Pro-line 1990, Miss African Times 1991.  I Had the opportunity to work and model for a well renowned designer.  Jim Brown, with the organization 'Ameri-I-Can', asked me to recite a poem I wrote regarding the Crips and Blood's truce, entitled "To the Oppressors." I was chosen as BET's poster girl for the 1992 BET Fashion show; my mother and I were involved in a fatal car incident in which my mother succumbed to her injuries six weeks later.  

Later in 1992, my sister and I took my mother's ashes to Dakar, Senegal (West Africa) and buried her on the island of Joal and Fadiouth.  I married a year later and moved to Alabama and in 1995 joined the Air Force and remained in the service for four years. Was married 19 years, and recently divorced in 2013. I have 3 beautiful children, two daughters 18 and 16 and one son 13. I have several siblings, but only three maternal.  Currently, I am a licensed Esthtician, but I am not working outside the home. In my free time I write, create jewelry, visual art and volunteer for organizations such as domestic violence, displaced families, and serve as needed at my children's schools.

Chronicles: Wow, you certainly have a full plate. Please share more about your poetry, how did you get started and who are your inspirations? 


GANSPA AWARDS 2015
Isna:  My love for poetry began when I was asked to write my first poem for my mother for Mother's Day in kindergarten. After that I became fascinated with reading the back of album covers such as Stevie Wonder's "Keys of Life", Smokey Robinson's "Quiet Storm", Nancy Wilson, the OJays, Main Ingredient...ect. As I got to be a teenager, I learned about Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, and several others and I became fascinated with Maya Angelou's story. I actually had the honor of meeting Dr. Angelou face to face and present her with a poem I had written for her entitled "My Spiritual Mama Maya" in 2007. Met her on January 11, the same day that my mom and I had our car incident 15 years prior.

Chronicles: It's most impressive that you were able to present your dedicated poem to Dr. Angelou, and pretty profound that it was presented to your 'Spiritual Mama' on the same date that you and your mother had the accident 15 years prior.  Now I've noticed that you make reference to John Coltrane. Are you or were you ever a musician or do you connect with Coltrane's musical message through your poetry? 

Isna: My connection to John Coltrane is on a very spiritual level. His music was so far ahead of his time. His music drew
me in to him as an artist. Without words I could feel everything he played. I guess that's why "A Love Supreme" is one of my favorite compositions of Coltrane's because only "The Supreme Being" is to be Highly Exalted through whatever we do and say. 

Chronicles: Yes! I most definitely agree about Trane's genius and he being well ahead of his time. Of course, your works are certainly profound as well. You speak a raw message the rolls up the sleeves and gets down to where the reader/listener lives. How do you get to 'that place' to be 'that message' or is "Love Supreme" your native language? 

Isna: One thing I always pray and ask God for is to allow my writing and everything I do to keep flesh at bay-for God to use me. I purpose to keep my writings authentic and relatable. I have a blog that I want to begin and I've already acquired my domain name:  itsreall-aka 'inspiring through sharing
relevant expressions about living life'. An acronym that the Lord gave me one day for LIFE-is 'Lessons In Form of Experiences & Living In Full Effect'. A Love Supreme is may natural air because it's the Supreme who blesses me through my gifts to share. I have volunteered for Mentor Day, and can talk about many subjects. And give them myself and name of Jobetya because I feel like Job, I've been through and can relate to so much!

Chronicles: Tell us about your other works and other activities; and will it be too late for readers in the ATL to catch you at the 'Hank Stewart White Linen Affair'?

Isna: I will be at the Hank Stewart Affair on Friday, July 31,
2015 at 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock pm. I don't have a time in which I'll be performing, but it will be in between six and nine that evening. On August the 7-9, I will be a vendor at 'The Steve Harvey Expo' selling my book "Fo'Ur Seasons-Stories of Poetry as well as selling my jewelry line called 'Istian Creations'. 

On September 20, 2015 I will also be a vendor at the GANSPA Show selling my books and jewelry. I can be seen this Fall on the "IT Factor" with Hank Stewart. I frequent local Open Mics, and I am available for Conferences, Church Engagements, as well as school mentorship. I don't mind prisons, hospitals and street ministry.

Instagram: istian.creations
Facebook: www.isnatianti.com
Email: isnatianti@gmail.com
Google# 678-609-3121

Chronicles:  That's wonderful Isna and I hope that readers with act accordingly to follow and connect with you for upcoming events.  Now the acronym Diva stands for Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending and guest are always asked to share what those two phrases mean to them; so I'll ask you the same, please share. 


Isna:  To be Divinely Inspired is to be God and Spirit led and Inspired.  To be Victoriously Ascending, implies to me going in
a forward motion in the path that leads us and those we encounter into right standing with the Most High. 

Chronicles: Thank you so much Isna; you've certainly breathed life into FB Diva Friday Chronicles with your Faith, Passion and Genuineness.  I also like to thank the enduring readers of FB Diva Friday Chronicles. Please be on the lookout for next month's special guest but until then, remember: 

Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending....Diva!












                            Paul S. Jones FB Diva Chronicles (c) All Rights Reserved 2014-15

No comments:

Post a Comment