Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Actress and Entrepreneur Odessa Sykes Feaster

This week FB Diva Friday Chronicles welcomes the very talented actress Odessa Sykes Feaster.  

Chronicles: Hello Odessa, it's great to have you visiting this week. Please share with the readers a little background information about you and any recent change of life events that you've been Blessed to enjoy. 

Odessa: I am the youngest of 6 born to Rev. Moses and Fannie Williams. I was raised in the Church, and that was my stage to sing and act at a very young age. I participated in different events that has allowed me to use it as a platform to this day. I have five  children,  four step children and five grandchildren. I just recently married the love of my life Pastor Kevin R. Feaster. 


Odessa Sykes Feaster IMDb
I am a SAG/AFTRA actress that takes my job serious. I love what I do and I can’t see myself doing anything else. I’ve trained in my craft by taking workshops to enhance my skills. I am currently working on a Criminal Justice degree. I feel that a degree in something beats a degree in nothing any day! 

Chronicles:  That's fantastic, Odessa, and I agree that a degree in something beats a degree in nothing any day. And it doesn't have to be specifically about your life's work. I've noticed that many of your roles have been in law enforcement. Do you feel that a degree in Criminal Justice has helped your acting career?

Odessa: Yes, I feel that my Criminal Justice Degree has already paid off tremendously! When I audition for anything concerning CIS or Law Enforcement, it is effortless for me to speak the language. It allows me to transform to someone that's believable. 


Chronicles: I've seen you in promotional videos to include your Four Women Films project. What are you doing professionally or your most recent professional activities? 

Odessa: Professionally I act! My days consist of always researching and studying how to become a better actress. Because I am the youngest of 6, I have a little piece of each of my siblings, which allows me to transition into different characters at the drop of a hat. 
  
Chronicles: Your filmography is quite an extensive one. What has been your most enjoyable role, which role do you feel challenged you the most and what has been the role in which you were most featured? 

Odessa: I think the most enjoyed role was "Now You See Me". It's the role where I'm seen in the most. Working with Woody Harrelson and Morgan Freeman was wonderful.


The most challenging role was "A Race Against Time" because when I filmed that movie I'd just lost my sister and her daughter, 30 days apart. My daughter in the movie died from encephalitis which was what my niece died from. Filming that movie really hit home with me. My tears were real tears and my emotions were genuine.


Chronicles:  How can readers support your acting career? 

Odessa:  They can support it by going to the movies to enjoy our craft. Acting is a real job and it's hard work. Hollywood has a way of making it look easy and glamorous, but trust me, it's some work.  Just to have the love and support from anyone is appreciated greatly. 


Chronicles: What other projects are you involved with?

Odessa: I have a fitness plan that has been working
extremely well for me. I am on the "Superhero Fitness Meal Plan" and people can find it at keairalashae.com.  It is an awesome fitness plan and it's been working for my husband and I.  Also, my hair and skin care is provided by BayouBeauty.com

Chronicles: So is the Keaira Lashae plan both a fitness and dietary plan? 

Odessa:  My fitness plan with the Super Hero meal is total participation. Many people often ask me how do I stay in shape after having 5 grown children; well, that's my secret. I live, work, play and eat very well! I owe my tight body to keairalashae.com. Anyone can purchase this easy diet plan and feel great as well! 

 Chronicles: Well alright, Odessa. Are BayouBeauty.com products you sell, that others can market or does that company provide your skin and hair products while servicing your professional work? 

Odessa:  Yes Bayou Beauty provides products for my professional appearance. It is a natural beauty regiment that I've been using for over 3 years now. I love the versatility that it offers. I use the oil on my natural hair and body. It's

amazing! I'm sharing this product because, once again, I'm often asked what do I use, well, that's my secret. The Secret of Beauty is in the Bayou!  As far as if they can sell it or not, they can contact the company to find out.   

Chronicles: Thanks, this has been a most informative and helpful interview.

Odessa: I must add that my husband is my biggest supporter! It's a blessing to be married to my soul mate and best friend. Kevin Feaster is one of a kind! He's everything to me. I honestly don't know how I made it all these years without him in my life. He's also my personal trainer. I want the world to know that God is a God of specification. I got exactly what I prayed for, my Boaz! Thank you my precious husband for seeing me, I love you to life!


Chronicles: This is a true love story Odessa, and certainly a word of encouragement for all who are trusting in God for the very best in life and a life's mate. 


Now the acronym "Diva" stands for "Divinely Inspired; Victoriously Ascending; and each week guests are asked to share what those two phrases mean to them. I'll ask you the same. 


Odessa: Divinely Inspired means to me to draw strength from my ancestors. My beautiful and strong angels that have paved the way so that I'm able to walk it today. I'm truly grateful to be an heir to the Kingdom!  Victoriously Ascending means to be unstoppable! We all have had some obstacles in our lives at one time or another, but it's so important to never stop or give up. Because we have the victory, we are constantly ascending. 

Chronicles: Very well spoken Odessa. Thanks again to this very delightful guest Odessa Sykes Feaster who has been a joy to work with for this project.  The very best to you in all of your personal and professional endeavors.  Also, a special thanks to our faithful readers and to those first time visitors. Remember, that Chronicles is always looking for weekly guest to share your story with our readers. If you have a story, a business, or product that you want to share on this platform you'll certainly be welcomed. Until next week, when we'll again have a quality Diva guest, remember: 

Divinely Inspired; Victoriously Ascending...Diva!! 














                                                       Paul S. Jones FB Diva Chronicles (c) All Rights Reserved 2014-15





 

No comments:

Post a Comment