Wednesday, March 11, 2015

FB Diva Friday Chronicles - Actress Chrystee Pharris

More From Chrystee!
Follow Chrystee in New York City!
As she gives updates and photos of what's happening in the Big Apple!! 

Chrystee has been on set for Devious Maids...more to follow.  

Hello! Welcome to this week's FB Diva Friday Chronicles. You've seen today's guest on "Passions","Scrubs and "In Search of 'O'". Today, she's graciously consented to share with Chronicles her two most recent projects. Here is the amazingly gifted Diva, Chrystee Pharris. 

Chronicles: Hello Chrystee, First I want to say thank you for sharing your valuable time with the Chronicles readers.  It's understood that you have many projects on the table and I am most grateful for your participation with FB Diva Friday Chronicles. Now of course, we know Chrystee Pharris the celebrity, however, would you please share with us just a little bit of your background and what is it that you're currently involved with? 

Chrystee: Well, my name is Chrystee Pharris. I was born and raised in Las Vegas, NV. I knew I wanted to be an actress when I was 4 years old and my mother supported my dream all the way. She made sure we were in the best schools that had the programs to support our dreams. (My brother and I). 
 I went to Emerson College which is in Boston. It is a great school for people in the industry because there are so many alumni in LA that are in the entertainment business.  I am so glad I attended Emerson, it was a hands on school and I am where I am today because of the teachers there.


Chronicles: Now you have a couple of projects that you're working on. Please share what is up with Chrystee? 

Chrystee:  I am working on a new show called Queens of Drama. It will air on POP TV (formally TV Guide) We are super excited about the airing of the show in April. It is 6 soap actresses coming together to create a primetime tv show. Lots of fun and lots of drama. 


I also have a film called Steps of Faith that is a family movie. It is a labor of love, I have to admit. We really worked hard and shot the movie in 7 days. Not an easy task. But when you have a team that works together and respects one another you can get it done. It was not easy. 

Chronicles:  Queens of Drama is an interesting concept and you're certainly working with some legends of the industry. And Steps of Faith has a great message and is an encouragement to anyone with a vision that they're acting on in the face of adversity. How can we support your movie?

Chrystee: How you can support me is to order the DVD of steps of faith. They tell us, that there is no market for family faith based films. We want to prove them wrong with the sales of the DVD. If we do that, it will let them know there is a market and that this is not just an African American film that is family faith based but a human story that people want to see. Order here>>
 
Chronicles:  Now Chrystee we see you on television and in movies, and we've read your bio. Is there something about Chrystee Pharris that your fans might not know? 



Chrystee:  What people don't know about me is I like being a blessing to people. I have volunteered at homeless shelters as well as women's prisons. I like to go in an give hope. A few of the women I still keep in touch with, now that they are out. Now they bless me.

Chronicles: God Bless You! Chrystee, and it's wonderful that you're able to work all of that in with your busy schedule. Now with all that's on your plate, do you have any other projects that you're involved with?

 Chrystee:  I also have a one woman show I tour called "In Search of O", which is about waiting until marriage to have sex and the fantasy vs the reality of that experience. It's a funny, TRUTHFUL story. 

And if you are an actor out there who is running around in a circle and getting nowhere, reach out to me. I teach the business of acting and show you how to market yourself and build relationships with people in the industry. When I first moved to LA, I booked 7 shows in 6 months. Of those 7 shows, 5, I got on my own. How? Building relationships. 

Chronicles: That's impressive, Chrystee and you've continued to be a diligent artist barnstorming from LA to Atlanta on a regular basis.  And you've always made yourself available to your fans and remain approachable to your many Facebook fans when they catch your events in person. 

Now the acronym "Diva" stands for "Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Ascending".  Please share what these two phrases mean to you Chrystee?

Chrystee:   

Divinely Inspired: I feel God, has called me for a purpose and that is to encourage people using the arts. I try to allow God to use me in anyway He see's fit. 

Victory Ascending: I walk on faith everyday. Being an actor you have to walk on faith and trust that God has called you to do this. This business is not easy and is hard to stay in it if you lack faith in God or your talent. You are rejected everyday and you never know why. It could be because you are too tall but you never get feedback so you might think it's because you didn't do a good job. When you get rejected 30 times in a row and you have bills to pay, it's easy to quit. I knew what I wanted to do when I was 4 so, I was able to stick with it. There were times when I wanted to quit but there were more time that confirmed that I should stay. And I did and praise God, I have been successful at it.

Chronicles:  Yes, yes, yes...Most Inspirational Chrystee and an encouragement for me with Chronicles as well. 

I'd like to thank Diva Chrystee Phariss for so graciously stopping in and visiting with Fb Diva Friday Chronicles. 
I believe her visit to be a critical boost to Chronicles going forward.  

Below you'll find a listing of Chrystee's calendar for March and April.  Get out to check out her show and you'll find her most approachable to her fans. 

Remember, we're always looking for guest interviewees for FB Diva Friday Chronicles, so if you have a business, a story or a song, Chronicles would like to be an additional platform for your promotional efforts. And remember, as always in parting: 

Divinely Inspired; Victoriously Ascending...Diva!
 ******************************************************
Chrystee's Calendar:  

Reel World Festival - Toronto, ON Steps of Faith Screening- March 7th 2pm & March 8th 4pm 

NC Black Film Festival -Wilmington, NC March 26-29 (please check their website for screening dates & times

The Narrow Way Festival - Philadelphia, PA CHANGED TO JULY 17-18th
Steps of Faith Screening-8am-9:30am  business of acting workshop 10am- Steps of Faith Screening

 Charlotte Black Film Festival - Charlotte, NC Saturday April 11th The Business of Acting Workshop 9am-10:30am 

 
Barebone Film Festival - Muskogee, OK April 17th Steps of Faith screening 
at 6:00pm


The Attic Film Festival Austin, TX Steps of Faith - April 24-26 (please check their website for screening dates & times)

Queens of Drama premiers on POP TV in April
 







Paul S. Jones FB Diva Chronicles (c) All Rights Reserved 2014-15   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment